Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
Submitted by Rachael Hosein
- 3 1/2 cup sited flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup any other type of vegetable (peas, asparagus, etc.)
- In a large bowl, shift together flour and baking power.
- Cut in butter .
- Stir in eggs and sour cream.
- Mix to form dough.
- Knead lightly and form into a smooth ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Once dough has rested, roll into rounds until 1/8 inch in thickness.
- Line a pie tin with dough and roll out a round for the top.
This is the most delicious dough ever. Use it for perogies, pies, or pizza!
- Heat oven to 400ºF
- In a large non-stick skillet or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and celery until soft and clear.
- Reduce heat and add cream cheese; stir until melted. Add soup, Cheddar and Parmesan cheese and continue to cook and stir until well combined and melted.
- Add meat and vegetables.
- Cook until vegetables are almost done.
- Cool mixture until room temperature.
Put it all together!
- Fill the lined pie tin with the cooled mixture.
- Cover the pie with a round of dough. Pierce holes in the top and brush with a bit of beaten egg.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 400ºF.